The secluded Ridglea Country Club Estates subdivision lays some seven to eight miles west of the Fort Worth Central Business Districts and encompasses some 184 acres. Part of the subdivision is within the Benbrook city limits, but most of the area lies within Fort Worth city limits.
The subdivision is only accessible through one entrance from Southwest Blvd. making it a very safe and secure area. The Clear Fork of the Trinity River that forms the eastern boundary, Mary’s Creek that passes through the center; the tree-lined streets that wind their way through the neighborhood and the large open areas of the golf course, together create the ambiance of country living. The houses are brick with side or rear entry garages, and are predominately one story, though some two story homes are scattered throughout. A few apartments, condos and garden-type homes line the main thoroughfare and many overlook the golf course as well.
The area’s oldest landmark is a cemetery that was constructed in the 1850’s and lies near present day Streamwood Road. The cemetery contains the gravesites of several Civil War veterans and members of the Wilburn Family, including Rachel Wilburn Snyder, who donated land for churches and schools in Benbrook. The last person buried in the cemetery was a member of the Snyder family in 1924. The Tarrant County Historical Society cemetery division maintains it.
Early owners of the land on which Ridglea Country Club Estates now stands included H.B. Herd who purchased the land in 1918; Earnest Allen, who owned Allen Farms and was instrumental in developing the area; Mary Armstrong, Jack Danciger and Mrs. Annie Ritz. The area is included in the 1855 J. Rogers Survey and the 1858 James Rogers Survey
In 1966, J.T. Luther and Fritz Barton bought and began to develop the area. Land was first selected for an 18-hole men’s championship golf course and clubhouse that were to be owned by Ridglea Country Club. The remainder of the land was divided into residential lots that were sold by the Earnest Allen Development Company, which formed in 1970 to facilitate this process.
Allen Place was developed as an addition to Ridglea Country Club Estates and is located on the site of an old farm that belonged to the Allen Family. Earnest Allen, Jr. remembers when Allen Farms had horses and cattle and was considered way out in the country. He says it took six miles of poles to hook up their phone and electricity.
The Stoney Creek Addition is a separate addition from Ridglea Country Club Estates, developed by Guy Burke, Stoney Creek is a private Street.
Ridglea Country Club Estates Home Owners Association was organized in 1970 by a group of homeowners who desired to maintain a residential neighborhood of distinction and beauty. The Association was chartered (Charter No. 00273739-01) in Texas on March 31, 1970 as a 501c4 non-profit corporation and is exempt from Texas sales and franchise taxes.
The Ridglea Country Club Home Owners Association (RCCEHA) was given the responsibility for the enforcement of the restrictive covenants contained in the deeds to the properties in the Estates by Assignments of Record from the developers on April 14, 1976 and on August 30,1985. Said assignments are recorded respectively in Volume 6015, page 744 and in Volume 8294, pages 2167-69 of the Deed of Records of Tarrant County, Texas.
Effective July 1, 1997, the Allen Place Homeowners Association, Inc. was merged into the Ridglea Country Club Homeowners Association, Inc. The surviving corporation, The RCCEHA, carries on the business with the assets of the Allen Place Homeowners Association, as they existed prior to the merger.
The declarations of covenants, conditions, and restrictions for the Allen Place Addition and for the Ridglea Country Club Estates Addition were not in any way changed, modified, or amended as a result of this merger.
Copies of the covenants, conditions, and restrictions for the RCCE Addition and the Allen Place Addition are reproduced for reference under the main menu as are the charter for RCCEHA and the Allen Place merger document.
The Ridglea Estate Condominiums, located on Ridglea County Club Drive, are not affiliated with Ridglea Country Club Estates Homeowners Association.